Jun 13, 2009

“You see a lot of smart guys with dumb women, but you hardly ever see a smart woman with a dumb guy.” Erica Jong


Tina Fey "Smart is sexy after all."

I once faulted men for weighing bra size against brilliance, but several “smart” relationships later, I’m almost jealous of an easy-going appetite, hungry for a myriad of perks, literally! Not that I’m as rude as to lump all men into the assumption that looks hold greater value than per say personality. But I’d be liar to argue that some men are content with an average-IQ, as long as an above-average exterior accompanies it. There isn’t space on this blog to demystify and dissect the age-old beauty construct, (unless you’re Dolly Parten) everyone will eventually grow visibly older (and that is the most polite way to phrase the aging process).

It’d be an untruth to not admit I fall victim late at night coveting how easily a man can energetically embrace the “as long as she is smoking hot” methodology. But as the giggling girl climbs in the back of the cab, I quickly recall her eyes are camoflogued by eyeliner.

Eyes, however revealing and beautiful can only communicate a limited number of words. Sure a particular gaze will say, “Come hither,” or “I’m sleepy”, and “not interested”, and eventually when eye flirtation has led to your mouth, I better like what I hear.

So men, let’s (just for kicks) consider the long-term consequences of settling for a ridiculously sexy dumbass. And no, this isn’t just a sales pitch for sassy, smart, educated women who aren’t knockouts, unless you’re losing a battle in a board room to a woman in glasses,suit and even better- sharp attitude!

You can opt to downsize your know-how via a variety of methods (some illegal) in an attempt to match her brain capacity, or can you can invest in routine upkeep and upgrades on her surgical procedures. Without trying to make it to the middle, there is a strong probability your relationship could get boring. A man becoming bored can be the most debilitating problem, one even the sexiest of women can’t solve.

My personal formula (everyone should have one): (Brilliant + Golf) / (Funny) = Perfect

My Blog List